We value your privacy
Website Terms and conditions of use
The term 'Coupeau Venture' or 'CV' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 24 Place du General Catroux, Paris, 75017, France. SIREN 830 674 958. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are the property of their respective trade mark owners.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
All content, unless otherwise stated, is copyright © 2018 - 2019 Coupeau Venture (SIREN 830 674 958) 24 Place du General Catroux, Paris, 75017, France. All rights reserved.
GDPR compliance statement
Coupeau Venture. (“CV”) respects and complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Some of the key ways we comply with these regulations are:
We explain what you’re consenting to clearly and without ‘legalese’, and ask that you explicitly consent to contact from us.
In the event of a breach we will notify affected users within 72 hours of first having become aware of the breach.
Right to Access
Users can request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.
Right to be Forgotten
Once we have compared your (the subjects') rights to "the public interest in the availability of the data", we may delete your personal data where you have requested this.
We allow you to receive the personal data concerning you, which we will provide in a 'commonly used and machine readable format' and you have the right to transmit that data to another ‘controller’.
Privacy by Design
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures, in an effective way, in order to meet the requirements of this Regulation and protect the rights of data subjects'. We hold and process only the data absolutely necessary for the completion of our duties (data minimisation), as well as limiting the access to personal data to those needing to act out the processing.
Section 1 - What do we do with your information?
If you choose to fill in a contact form on our website, we will store that information for 6 months and only use it for the purpose of contacting you in relation to that enquiry.
When you browse our site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your explicit permission, we may send you emails about our products and other updates.
Section 2 - Consent
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information we ask you to explicitly consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Coupeau Venture 24 Place du General Catroux, Paris, 75017, France
Section 3 - Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
Section 4 - Data Storage
Your data is stored through Coupeau Venture’s data storage and databases. We store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Section 5 - Third-party services & links
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Section 6 - Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your personal information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with industry-standard encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we implement generally accepted industry standards.
Section 7 - Cookies
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not. Opt-out by altering your web browser’s settings to reject cookies.
Google Analytics – we use Google Analytics to measure how our site is used by visitors and to generate reports for our own use. Google Analytics does not collect any personally identifiable information about you.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Coupeau Venture Limited below:
FAO: Privacy Compliance Officer
Coupeau Venture, 24 Place du General Catroux, Paris, 75017, France
Terms and Conditions
Payment & Booking Terms and Conditions 2019
1. Your contract: The following booking conditions apply to all holidays booked and staying in LE CHALET, 1240 Route du Coupeau Chamonix Les Houches 74310. Le Chalet is referred to as ‘The Chalet’ is wholly owned and managed by Coupeau Venture SAS represented by the owner Laurent Levenq.
These terms and conditions are therefore based on bookings <> (CV) and form the basis of the contract between CV (registered office address: 24 Place du General Catroux, Paris, 75017, France, and the Client.
The Client (also referred to as "you" and "your" in these conditions) shall be the person who signs the booking form as well as all persons on whose behalf the Client books, who will be held jointly and severally liable for performance under the contract with the person who signs the booking form.
2. Bookings: Bookings must be made in writing by completing The CV booking form and returning it to CV with a deposit of 30% of the final price per person or the total group cost, or full payment if the booking is made within 10 weeks prior to the departure date. (With exception of Christmas, New Year, 1st week in January and UK Half Term in February, where by a 40% deposit is required at time of booking to secure those dates).
No binding contract shall exist between CV and the Client until CV has sent a confirmation invoice to the Client confirming the booking. In the event that there is any change to the Client's holiday between issuing of the quotation and issuing of the confirmation invoice, CV shall be entitled to amend the holiday accordingly without liability to the Client, however the Client shall be entitled to cancel its booking and request a full refund of the deposit already paid by it.
3. Booking Conditions: These booking conditions and the other information relating to the booking contained in the booking form constitute the entire agreement between CV and the Client. No variations to these conditions and the booking information contained in the booking form shall be binding unless agreed in writing and signed by both parties.
4. Alteration by the Client: Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, CV will endeavour to assist you but cannot guarantee that it will be able to do so. The person who signed the booking form must request the changes in writing. An alteration by the Client shall automatically incur an administration fee of €50. In addition, CV shall be entitled to recover from the Client any expenses incurred by it, either with its supplier or with any other third party, in respect of the alteration.
5. Cancellation by Client: A cancellation must be made in writing and be signed by the person who signed the booking form. If the cancellation is made more than 12 weeks before arrival then the deposit shall be forfeited. If a cancellation is made within 12 weeks of arrival the following cancellation fees are applicable from the total cost of the holiday: 12-8 weeks 45%, 8-4 weeks 60%, 4-0 weeks 100%.
6. Alteration by CV: All quotations are subject to change and availability until confirmation has been issued by CV. Thereafter we reserve the right to make alterations should these become necessary. In the unlikely event that CV has to alter your holiday as a result of any major changes (being changes to matters such as departure dates, departure and arrival airports, destination location and standard of accommodation where the altered accommodation is of a lower standard) CV shall notify the Client as soon as possible and shall offer the Client a comparable alternative holiday or the right to cancel the contract and claim a full refund unless the alteration is due to forces beyond the control of CV such as, but not limited to, Force Majeure (as defined below).
7. Cancellation by CV: In the unlikely event that CV has to cancel your holiday after it has issued the confirmation invoice then CV shall endeavour to offer a comparable alternative holiday or the right to cancel the contract and to claim a full refund of the price paid to CV for the holiday which forms the basis of this contract. Provided that the reason for cancellation is not due to any forces beyond the control of CV such as, but not limited to, Force Majeure (as defined below), then CV shall in addition to refund offer compensation to the maximum amount as stipulated. CV will pay you compensation of: Days before departure compensation per chalet booking more than 70 days €150. 15-70 days €300. 0-14 days €550. CV shall not be responsible to the Client for any indirect or consequential loss which the Client may suffer as a result of the cancellation. The above compensation implies no admission of guilt or allocation of fault, it just represents a gesture of good will should the unforeseen happen. The above compensation is non-negotiable by the Client.
7b. If payment is not received in full on time, CV reserves the right to cancel the booking without further notice or reference to the Client; deposits and any extras pre-paid will be forfeited by the Client and the normal cancellation charges will apply.
7c. Payment: Credit card and debit card payments are taken in Euros so if CV or your agent quotes prices (holiday or additional services) in anything other than Euros then the spot exchange rate on that day will be used for the currency conversion to Euros. CV accept Visa, MasterCard, Switch and American Express. A 1.5% admin fee surcharge is payable for all credit card and debit card transactions including American Express) which we will automatically add to your payment. Payment in the resort for additional services taken is accepted in cash (Euros), credit card, debit card and bank transfer but the latter is only possible if CV are notified that the funds have been deposited in our account before your departure.
7d. Local Taxes: Local taxes are levied by the local council which is charged separately and on top of your total booking amount contracted with CV. A separate invoice will be issued at the end of your stay and the taxes are collected by CV and passed straight to the council. These taxes are called “Taxe de Séjour” and are payable by every adult in the party (adult deemed over the age of 18 at the time of your stay) for every night stayed. Currently the tax amount for 5 star properties are €3euros per adult per day.
8. Insurance: It is a condition of CV accepting your booking that you take out appropriate insurance cover for the booking and travel insurance. In order for CV to accept your booking and for your own protection, you must have adequate travel and cancellation insurance for all party members. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is adequate for your party’s needs. CV do not check policies. CV also advise you to purchase the ‘Carre Neige’ ski insurance when in-resort (or CV can buy it for you with your lift passes) in case of an accident on the mountain and you are required to be transported to hospital. We also recommend that you have insurance that covers accidental damage to the property. In addition it is strongly advised that your policy includes a 24-hour emergency telephone, evacuation and repatriation service to your country of origin. Cover shall include third party liability, personal accident insurance, and coverage for medical expenses.
9. Additional charges: (Also see 7d.) CV will charge you for any purchases or packages that you order during your stay that are not included in your initial package. These items might include but not limited to, lift passes, ski lessons, massages, transportation, alcoholic beverages other than those included in the package, and so on. CV will make you aware when such additional charges are to be incurred or when an item is not included as part of your package. The payment for these extras must be settled before your departure. CV reserves the right to charge your credit card in your absence for any unpaid services and goods ordered during your stay but not settled before your departure. (For payment methods see 7c) In the event that the Client books an excursion locally, the Client in such an instance shall be contracting with the company offering the excursion, and CV shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss, damage, personal injury or death resulting from such excursion.
10. Force Majeure: We cannot accept liability or pay compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances amounting to "Force Majeure". In these booking conditions "Force Majeure" means any event that we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or forestall. Such events may include (by way of example and not by way of limitation) war or threat of war, government action, riots, civil strife, terrorist activities, border closure, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, and all similar events.
11. Security: CV takes the issue of security very seriously, however, due to the nature of the chalets; the properties may not be locked at all times. CV will give the door code to the leader of the party and it is their responsibility to issue the code to their party. Any valuables left at the property are left at your own risk and CV are not responsible for their loss. CV does provide laptop safes in every bedroom to help secure your personal belongings. Please note: CV has a strict No Smoking inside the chalets policy
12. Brochure and website accuracy: CV has done its best to ensure that all information provided in our brochure and other documentation relating to the booking and on Le Chalet Mont Blanc website about resorts, accommodation, facilities or services is accurate and based on the latest information and in the belief that it is true. However opinions made by the authors are personal to them and layout and furnishings of the accommodation shown in photographs may change from time to time. CV cannot accept responsibility for any opinions, facts, or descriptions published in any third party or supplier's brochures.
13. Refund: No refund will be made for any unused travel, accommodation or meals. Representatives of CV, and CV employees and agents are not authorized to promise such refunds other than those covered under CV's cancellation policy.
14. Damage by Clients: CV shall be entitled to recover from the Client the cost of repairs or replacements of any damaged or loss caused by the Client via your credit card which we hold as a deposit for any damages to your chalet, company vehicles, and possessions. CV reserves the right to terminate the holiday of any Client whose behaviour is considered to be detrimental to CV, its Clients, neighbours or any third party and no further contractual obligations on the part of CV will apply, in particular CV shall not be liable to make any refund to the Client in respect of a cancellation or termination under this clause. Further details under client’s responsibility see 19.
15. Security Deposit: For All Reservations, a credit card is required for a security deposit of €5000.00 for the chalet exclusively or €500 per room/suite. The credit card will be pre-authorised to the amount above, however this pre-authorisation does not physically debit your card. It just provides CV with a guarantee that the card is valid and has an appropriate credit limit. If damage/loss exceeds the value of the deposit, you will be liable for the difference. You hereby give explicit consent for CV to charge your card should any breakages, damages to the property and its contents unfortunately occur. (‘Contents’ refers to fixtures, fittings, furnishings, furniture, flooring, curtains, carpets, and effects as per the inventory). Upon departure the property & inventory will be checked and provided there is nothing to charge, CV will cancel the pre-authorisation and you card details are not stored.
16. Suppliers: CV does not accept liability for any act or omission on the part of any suppliers of any service that CV offers and over whom CV has no direct control. The Client will be bound by the operating conditions of all suppliers of the services that make up the holiday, copies of which are available upon request. The Client should note that these conditions may limit or exclude the Supplier's liability to you and may further be subject to provisions of international conventions.
17a. Self-catered chalet properties: All properties rented on a self-catered basis must be left clean and tidy. CV provides a daily bed making service whereby the bedrooms and bathrooms are cleaned and the lounge vacuumed. CV does not clean kitchen, pots, pans, glassware, crockery, cutlery etc, this is the tenant’s responsibility. This means all washing up in the kitchen must be left as found, dishwasher empty and all rubbish disposed of in the marked areas. CV reserves the right to charge the client a final cleaning fee of €500.00 if the property is not left in the condition described above. Under self-catered bookings, the chalets will be rented with furniture, bedding, linen, kitchen equipment, crockery, glassware, fire wood, Wi-Fi and parking. Dogs are accepted only with prior notification to us. Please note there is a compulsory charge of €50 per dog per week, no charge for service dogs. Cats and any other animals are not accepted.
17b. Fully catered chalet properties: Includes everything set out in the individual Client booking contract, and is subject to the same T&C’s enclosed herewith. Please note in the case of a fully catered chalet section 17a self-catered doesn’t apply. CV provides a full cleaning service for catered chalets, in addition to the chalets will be rented with furniture, bedding, linen, kitchen equipment, crockery, glassware, fire wood, Wi-Fi and parking. Dogs are accepted only with prior notification to us. Please note there is a compulsory charge of €50 per dog, per week. No charge for service dogs. Cats and any other animals are not accepted.
18. Liability of CV: Save as otherwise stated in these booking conditions, CV accepts no liability for any loss or damage which the Client suffers during the performance of this contract where such loss or damage is directly attributable to any act or omission of CV's employees, servants or other third parties acting on behalf of CV and in accordance with CV's instructions. The maximum amount of compensation which CV will be liable for in this instance is the total cost of the Client's holiday. CV shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses which the Client may incur as a result of any such act or omission.
o Notwithstanding the above clause, CV shall not accept responsibility in respect of any death or personal injury suffered by the Client as a result of the failure by CV, its employees, agents or other third parties acting on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions, to properly perform any part of the contract except where the cause was due to the fault of the Client, a third party not connected to the provision of the holiday or as a result of circumstances which were unforeseeable or unavoidable even when exercising due care.
o Spa & Swimming Pool policy: Le Chalet, there is communal use of the swimming pool. Please note: The pool, is unguarded and is totally at the Clients own risk. No liability will be accepted whatsoever. Likewise, sauna, gym equipment, and massage rooms are provided, for the client’s use and CV accepts no responsibility for misuse or any injury however it is caused. Please refer to the Spa guide inside the chalet welcome packs before use. Note it is strictly forbidden to bring glassware into the pool area plastic ware will be provided.
o Any advice or help given by an employee of CV, including all winter & summer activities, shall be accepted by the Client at the Client's own risk and CV will not accept responsibility for any accident or illness to the Client in this regard.
19. Personal Belongings and Responsibility: All personal items including baggage and sports equipment are at all times and circumstances at the Client's risk and CV is at no time responsible for any loss, damage or delay to such items. No pets are allowed, unless prior permission is granted in writing by CV. The number of guests per chalet must not exceed the stated amount in the booking contract. (This applies in all cases and is not just limited to sleeping and eating capacity) If the Client exceeds the specified amount without prior approval, CV reserves the right to levy an additional charge or terminate the contract without payment of compensation. Under French law no noise can be made outside the chalet after 22.00hrs. We strictly enforce the law regarding this and ask all our clients to respect and understand this fact.
20. Children and Babies: The Client must accept responsibility for the behaviour and welfare of any children in the Client's party. Every effort is made to ensure safety in CV's properties; however any Client taking children on holiday does so at their own risk.
21. Visa and Health Regulations: It is the Clients' responsibility to ensure that they are in possession of a valid passport with the necessary visas to allow entry to all countries that he/she will pass through as part of the holiday. Any guidance in respect of vaccinations provided by CV to the Client should be followed up by the Client with a health clinic or the Client's general practitioner and CV shall not be responsible for any information provided in this regard.
22. Transport times: Transport times are provided by the supplier concerned and are subject to conditions such as weather, maintenance requirements, ability of passengers to check-in on time and air traffic control. Accordingly the times provided for transport are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed.
23. Skiing holidays: In the event of the booking being in respect of a skiing holiday, CV offers the Client the opportunity to pre-book ski equipment, ski lessons and guided skiing. CV offers this to the Client as a matter of convenience only to the Client and the ski equipment, lessons and guides are organized by a company independent of CV. CV cannot therefore accept responsibility for any act or omission of the employees, agents or third parties acting on behalf of such a company.
24. Claims or Complaints: Any claims or complaints against CV should be notified to a representative of CV within 24 hours and any claim or complaint that cannot be resolved in the resort should be made in writing to CV within 28 days from the end of the holiday. The person who signed the booking form must make the complaint in writing.
25. Late Payment: Subject to CV rights as set out in these booking conditions, any amounts overdue to CV by more than 5 working days will be liable to an interest charge of 7% p.a. compounded monthly.
26. Jurisdiction: Any contract made by the Client and CV shall be governed in all respects by French Law and the French Judiciary system. France shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim or dispute arising out of or connected with any such contract.
27. Customer service contact information: including telephone number and full trading address:
o In the case of any questions relating to your payment please contact us on the following address or telephone:
Le Chalet, 1240 Route du Coupeau Chamonix Les Houches 74310. France
e-mail: email@example.comTelephone: +33 (0) 6 33 28 28 31
28. Data Protection: CV complies with all the relevant laws in regard to GDRP, credit card, personal details and does not share any data with any third party.
29. Our service description: ‘Coupeau Venture’ trading as Le Chalet, provide Self-Catered and Fully Catered Chalet Accommodation Holidays, in Chamonix Les Houches, France.